Saturday 19 February 2011

Satire boom

If your regular dose of The Daily Mash still leaves you hungry for even more topical satire, may I recommend News Thump? Worth a look for the headlines alone, I'd say. Here are some recent classics:

We’ll only sell you more tear gas if you promise not to use it, Foreign Office tells Bahrain

Vote for thing that will give us more coalitions you didn’t vote for, pleads Clegg

Berlusconi insists teenage girls had sex with him for free

Osborne warns solar flare could impact excuses for next quarter’s GDP figures

Nick Clegg slams Universities for charging as much as he said they could


We’re going to help people find jobs that aren’t there, reveals Work and Pensions Pixie

Phones no-one uses to run operating system no-one likes

3 comments:

Meridian said...

Ah, the site that used to be known as News Arse. I wonder why they changed that?

Andrew King said...

I believe the change was due to an unfortunate dispute with the 'Father Ted' copyright owners (the alternative name "News Feck" was rejected on similar grounds)...

Meridian said...

They've copyrighted "arse"? Now what am I going to call my managers?