Thursday 18 February 2010

We're second class, citizens!

If I was in standard class I would not do work because people would be looking over your shoulder the entire time, there would be noise, there would be distraction.

They are a totally different type of people.

There's lots of children, there's noise, there's activity. I like to have peace and quiet when I'm travelling.


Sir Nicholas Winterton, MP, as reported by the BBC.

Asked whether it mattered that the public might not agree with first-class travel, he said: "I'm sorry, the public are wrong. It's for Parliament to decide not the public."

Sir Nicholas and MP wife Ann Winterton, who is also standing down, faced criticism for claiming rent of £20,000 a year on a flat they transferred to a family trust after paying off the mortgage.

0 comments: