Thursday 20 June 2013

He's at a loss

Apparently, Nick Clegg, David Cameron's political spouse and the titular "head" of the Deputy Conservatives (© Philip Challinor) is 'at a loss' to imagine what marital abuse looks like:
What a difficult question ... I find it so difficult to imagine…so you see a couple … I mean, I don’t know what happened. I’m like you, I don’t know what happened.

When you see a couple having an argument … most people, you know, just assume that the couple will resolve it themselves. If of course something descends into outright violence then that’s something different.

I just don’t know, there was this one photograph, I don’t whether that was just a fleeting thing…or…I’m at a loss to be able to put myself in to that position without knowing exactly… 
 I can only imagine that this astonishing lack of insight stems from some sort of Fifty Shades of Grey scenario, where Nick's master has forbidden him from keeping a mirror in the punishment dungeon.

0 comments: