Thursday 2 February 2012

Cryptid of the day...


... is the "Gloucestershire Growler", a savage mystery beast with staring green eyes that's prowling Gloucestershire, tearing livestock limb from limb, so they say. Luckily, Frank Tunbridge is on the case. Frank who? Frank was interviewed on Radio 4's Today programme this morning:

'I like to describe myself as an intrepid big cat detective'. Frank's main job is organising car boot sales...

Ace quote and a brilliant alter ego, right up there with the late Reg, (alias Merlin of Avalon).

Good on Frank and Reg. Wouldn't it be great to know that beneath your workaday Clark Kent exterior, you had a fascinating secret identity, which you assumed to live an extraordinary second life, packed with excitement, and adventure, and really wild things? I'm not quite sure what my unique alter ego would be, what with many of the best ones, like Operating Thetan VIII, International Man of Mystery, Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose and Small Bets Placed, being already taken, but I'm working on it.

 In the meanwhile, here's a free marketing tip for any micro-breweries down in the South West. Your actual Gloucestershire Growler might sound suspiciously like a normal-sized black cat seen, after closing time, by some bloke who thought it was a bit further away than it really was, but the name's pure branding gold. If there's not a real ale called "Gloucestershire Growler" on sale within the year, then my name's not Shadow Wolf The Adventurer (as I now like to describe myself).

1 comments:

Meridian said...

I used to be an Adventurer like you, then...


no - mustn't do it....