Wednesday 13 January 2010

Acknowledgments

I'd like, belatedly, to express my gratitude to P Z Myers, whose Pharyngula* blog I scavenged for the Nu-Life Communion Host Dispenser advert linked to in my last post. As I've already started shamelessly plundering his web discoveries, check out the completely bonkers, insanely catchy song about narwhals which I also found via Pharyngula.

I'd also like to thank Meridian for pointing out that the title of my post "Balham, Gateway to the South", will mean nothing to people who aren't really old, like me. The bastard. In the unlikely event of this blog being read by any young people, the title refers to a monologue recorded by the late Peter Sellers, a comic actor of some repute in my long-vanished youth. It went like this.

* if you were wondering what the word "pharyngula" actually means, you can now impress less erudite people at dinner parties by clicking here

0 comments: