Sunday 31 May 2009

Vote Match

I'll be voting in the Euro Elections, so I had a quick look at Vote Match, an interesting site which matches your voting preferences with what the various party manifestos say. I'm unsurprised at a high policy match with the Lib Dems, slightly dismayed to see that the UKIP popping up with more than a token match, but of course it's just a rough match, based on a few questions.

There are a few issues where I've put myself down as undecided. This isn't always because I haven't made up my mind, but sometimes because the answer is more complicated than a simple "yes" or "no". For example on European Union Membership for Turkey, my actual position is a conditional "yes" - I've no time at all for the Festung Europa xenophobes who want to keep Turkey out for religious or ethnic reasons, but I'd want to see Turkey cleaning up its human rights record before being let in. An interesting site for anybody who wants to cast an informed vote. Stumbled on via Nosemonkey's Eutopia.

0 comments: